Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Walk in the Winter Woods

Greetings Dear Friends.

I am afraid we have still not even had one snow this year. In fact, it is unseasonably warm. So, today my person and her Fiance decided to take a walk in the Winter Woods. I was invited along and had quite a good time.

I began with some tree climbing. Fiance found me the most fetching acorn cap.


I took a ride on a swinging vine...just call me Hitty Jane of the Jungle.

After that excitement, I found a nice stump to rest on.
Although it is indeed winter, there are still some signs of greenery.We found a little stream. How does a little wooden doll get across?
Fortunately, like a gentleman, Fiance helped me each step of the way. He let me pause a minute in the middle to watch the water flow around me.
We climbed all the way to the top of a hill overlooking some farmland. It was quite a view!
We stopped by a little lake. Fiance waded out to let me sit on the canoe. I had a rather sinking feeling about that venture. Fortunately, I didn't have to actually ride in the water logged boat.

After that exciting ending, we all returned home for a well earned rest.
Hitty Rowan